How should I assert my right to remain silent?

You can state to the officer or other law enforcement official that you are pleading your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. You are allowed to remain silent. If you are harassed by the police after informing them that you are not speaking without an attorney present, you may be able to have the case dismissed on violation of your civil rights.

Posted in: Criminal Defense in Arizona